Sunday, August 28, 2016

Tahitian-English Dictionary

Tahitian- English / English-Tahitian Dictionary published by Leonard Clairmont.

I had been looking for an Tahitian Dictionary for a few years and this one just fell into my lap. A friend who I buy many of my Polynesian records from just gave it to me, but he was unaware of my quest for it.

This is a very slim volume and by no means comprehensive. I assume it was aimed at the tourist to Tahiti in the 1960's but probably not super useful.







The table of contents covers the basics

tdintro
It does have some nice photos though

tdlady

tdtane
And does include some phrases you might need.

tdboat

And now I can say toilet in Tahitian! Fare iti






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring to next appt please!! I speak no Tiki, but wish to learn:)

Unknown said...

Bring to next appt please!! I speak no Tiki, but wish to learn:)